Tuesday 13 November 2007

No news is...no news.

On Thursday it'll be a month since I sent out my first 3 chapters of my kids' book to a (very) select group of my dream agents. Within 9 days I'd heard from the first one, which made me believe that in spite of everything I'd heard to the contrary the rest would be close behind. But here I am - oooh, DAYS later - still no more word about my words.

I know that a month in this business is a nanosecond. I might have said that already in this blog, once or twice. I know that while many agents say they try their best to respond within a month to six weeks, it must be incredibly difficult to get through all that slush. And I also know that in the US it's even slower, so I should count my blessings I'm in the UK.

But I still wanna know! Mwa!

How long do you leave it before you gently prod? I'm thinking maybe 2 months...but then it will be nearly Christmas and the agents will be all frazzled and rushed off their feet and stressed about buying presents and hung over and depressed at the prospect of spending the holiday season with annoying relatives and have colds and be short staffed and tired and have wet feet and parties to go to and be annoyed at how the rest of the world seems to grind to a halt at this time of year even though they're still trying to get through their work load so they can bunk off too and not feel too guilty about it, goddammit!

...ie, If I leave it too late, they might not be in the mood for reading my offering. How dare they be human.

Then again, I might hear something tomorrow.

No comments: